Margarita Lime & Tequila Cookie Recipe
Margarita Lime and Tequila Cookies are an easy and delicious treat for any kind of party! This recipe will yield the perfect batch to whip up anytime, and will be enjoyed by everyone.
If you're taking these Margarita Lime and Tequila Cookies for a family-friendly crowd, you can do so with no problem. The tequila in the cookie recipe will cook down during the baking process.
How to Make Margarita Lime and Tequila Cookies Recipe
This recipe will make approximately 3 dozen Margarita Lime and Tequila cookies:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter-softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 T Tequila
- Juice from 1 lime
- Zest from 1 lime
- 8 oz Wilton sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar, eggs, tequila, lime juice and lime zest. Mix with an electric mixer on medium for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients, a little bit at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
- Pour the Wilton sugar crystals into a small shallow bowl.
- With your hands, roll the cookie dough into 2 inch balls and place into the bowl with the sugar crystals.
- Cover each cookie dough ball with the sugar crystals and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they begin to slightly brown.
- Store in an airtight container if not serving them right away.
- And then it's time for the best part -- ENJOY your Margarita Lime and Tequila Cookies! You can also freeze a batch, just be sure they are in a large freezer safe bag.
What party or festivities will you be making these easy Margarita Lime and Tequila Cookies for?