DIY Hula Hoop Christmas Wreath
I believe that bigger is better, especially when it comes to Christmas decorations. The holiday season is a fun time of year and also the best time to let your creativity shine!
Continue reading below for instructions on how to make this beautiful wreath.
- 24 in. Hula Hoop
- Faux Pine Garland
- Christmas Ribbon
- Spray Paint
- Artificial Pine Floral Picks
- Christmas Bow
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Spray paint the hula hoop until the print is no longer visible. Let the paint dry.
- Wrap the ribbon about two-thirds of the way around the hula hoop, and adhere it to the hoop with a hot glue gun.
- Wrap the exposed part of the hula hoop with the faux pine garland. This garland has wire in it, so it was very easy to secure it to the hoop.
- Gather the floral picks and arrange and adhere them on top of the pine garland with a glue gun. I had to use a lot of glue to make sure the picks didn’t fall off.
- Finally, tie a large bow around the top of the hoop. You can also cheat like I did and just use a premade bow!
And that’s it! I went for a rustic theme for the holidays, so this wreath is going to look awesome hanging above my mantel. Just seeing these photos of my new wreath puts me in such a happy mood. I don’t know what it is about Christmas, but I always feel more joyful and appreciative around this time of year. Maybe it’s because it’s the end of the year and I have a lot more time to be creative and work on projects I enjoy. Whatever the reason, I need to bottle it up and carry it over into the new year!