Blackberry Ricotta Pita – A Simple Breakfast
Fresh Blackberries & Creamy Ricotta Cheese spread over a grilled pita makes the perfect breakfast or midday snack.
One of my favorite simple, but decadent, breakfast recipes is to take a toasted piece of sourdough bread or bagel and top it with creamy ricotta cheese and fresh berries. It’s just so simple, but full of flavor!
However, I don’t have it very often for two main reasons:
- I’m the only one in my family that likes sourdough bread. So if I buy a loaf I either end up eating it all myself or throwing a good chunk of it away.
- I try to limit the amount of bagels I indulge in because most are empty calories with very few nutritious benefits.
Blackberry Ricotta Pita Recipe:
I lightly grilled the pita by placing it over an open flame on my stove. Then I allowed it to cool slightly before layering on thick and creamy ricotta cheese. If you have some time, nothing compares to this homemade ricotta cheese recipe, but store-bought works too. The blackberries add a tart, but lightly sweet flavor and the fresh mint and lemon zest pulled the whole dish together.
- 1 Toufayan pita
- 2 tablespoon ricotta cheese
- Handful fresh blackberries
- 1 tsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Lightly grill the pita by holding over an open flame on the stove or grilling on stove
- Allow to cool slightly
- Spread on ricotta cheese
- Top with blackberries, mint and lemon zest
I can’t wait to try the other pita flavors in all kinds of recipes. I especially loved discovering that Toufayan Bakery is:
- A family owned business that uses old world recipes and top quality, wholesome ingredients
- Available nationwide
- Makes more than 100 products