6 Beauty Products That Aren’t A Waste of Money
As I was planning out this article I was brainstorming a list of my all-time favorite beauty products. The things I just couldn’t live without. And let me tell you, it was tricky. I can’t count how many beauty products I’ve tried only to be disappointed and financially frustrated. Sometimes it seems so difficult to find something that actually does what it claims to do. This list is for all my fellow beauty junkies out there who are sick of throwing their money out the window.
1. CHI Silk Infusion: This is hands-down the best hair serum I have ever tried (and I’ve used many). It’s not the most inexpensive product, but compared to others it’s reasonable. No matter how many hair serums and treatments I try, I come back to this one year after year. You only need a small amount, so even the smallest bottle will last forever. If you want silky, soft and shiny hair try this one out.
2. Aquaphor Healing Ointment: Although this isn’t necessarily a “beauty” product, it’s definitely something you need in your bathroom. Not only does it make a great lip and skin moisturizer, but it’s the best eye makeup remover I have yet to discover. Traditional makeup remover or wipes always seem to leave mascara caked to my lashes, but a little Aquaphor on a tissue takes it all off. It’s gentle and extremely moisturizing, which I also appreciate because no one likes having stinging, irritated eyes every time they take off their makeup. If you’re interested, just Google the many other uses of Aquaphor. Oh, and did I mention it’s cheap?
3. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer: If you haven’t heard about Tarte’s Shape Tape Concealer get ready because you’re in for a wonderful surprise. It’s a high-end concealer so it is more expensive, but the tiniest amount goes a long way. The formula is rich and creamy without being heavy. I love this concealer because it’s smooth and blends in a way that looks like my real skin. One of my biggest pet peeves is when concealers look patchy and “cakey”. Shape Tape delivers the perfect amount of coverage and can be layered while still looking natural and luminous.
4. L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation: There are a lot of great foundations out there, don’t get me wrong. However, with oily skin it’s hard to find one that actually controls oil without making it look like you’re wearing a mask. I like this foundation because it’s cheap, it feels weightless, it covers well while still looking natural, and it doesn’t make me oily or uncomfortably matte. If you have dry skin L’Oreal has a Pro Glow Foundation as well!
5. NYX Butter Glosses and Soft Matte Lip Creams: NYX has some of my favorite lip products because they’re inexpensive and aren’t sticky! I hate nothing more than thick, gloppy lip-glosses. Yuck! The Soft Matte Lip Creams can be a bit drying, but that’s typical with most matte lip products. I just make sure to exfoliate and moisturize before using them. I love NYX’s wide range of colors and these are definitely some of the more comfortable lip products out there. They don’t last for hours on end, but they feel and look great so I don’t mind reapplying.
6. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay: By far the most effective face mask for oily skin, clogged pores, and acne. I ordered mine off Amazon for around $12. I find the clay is most effective when mixed into a thick paste with raw apple cider vinegar. I use the Bragg brand, which is cheap and can be found pretty much anywhere. I love this mask because I can actually feel my face pulsing! It’s the weirdest, coolest thing. My skin always feels so clean and refreshed after using this mask. It really feels as if all of the impurities are being pulled out of your face, pore by pore.
I hope this list has introduced some new staple items into your beauty regimen! What are some of your favorite beauty products that you can't live without?